We will be researching articles that have been published about the self-advocacy and civil rights movement.
We will record self-advocates interviewing leaders in the self-advocacy, civil rights, and LGBTQ movements. We will describe how much these movements have in common.
Our Common History: Fighting for the Rights of People
by Paige Bradford, Tia Nelis, and Ruthie-Marie Beckwith
What is this paper about? Over time, members of minority groups have joined together to fight for their human and civil rights. This paper describes the history of the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the LGBTQ Movement, and the Self-Advocacy Movement.
The information in "Our Common History" is also available in 7 PowerPoints.
- African American Civil Rights Movement
- LGBTQ Civil Rights Movement
- Self-Advocacy Civil Rights Movement
- Civil Rights Groups Using the Courts to Get Things Changed.
- Civil Rights Groups Passing Laws And Regulations To Get Things Changed
- Civil Rights Groups Taking Direct Action To Get Things Changed.
- What Do Three Civil Rights Movements Have In Common?