This toolkit was made by the Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN). It helps you brainstorm the most important parts of what you want to say, and make a plan to use your story to create policy change. It explains how to share your story in different places, like:
- Town halls
- Legislative hearings
- Public comments on regulations
- Op-eds and letters to the editor
The toolkit is available in two versions:
- The ASAN Easy Read Edition. The Easy Read version is split into 9 parts. Each part has its own Words to Know section, and there is also a separate Words to Know part with all of the terms from every section. The Easy Read version uses pictures along with larger text, and has more white space. Click on the title of any of the parts below to download it:
- You can also download the entire Easy Read Edition of the toolkit by clicking here.
- The ASAN Plain Language Version for either those with vision-related disabilities or those who would prefer a version without accompanying graphics. To download the full Plain Language version of “Sharing Your Story for a Political Purpose”, click here.